Texting is a great way to stay in touch with your customers. If you want to get the most out of texting, here are 10 best practices for you:
1) Make sure that every text message has a call-to-action that encourages recipients to respond or take some other kind of action;
2) Be mindful about how long your messages are; shorter texts (less than 100 characters) garner more responses than those over 155 characters;
3) Make sure that all messages are personalized – texts from a real person are always more effective than those from a robot;
4) Images can be a great way to get your message across. People love visual stimulation and pictures of your business card can help you stand out from the crowd;
5) If possible, make your texts interactive. You can ask questions or offer different options for your customers to choose from;
6) If using a text drip campaign, make each drip message different from the last one;
7) Do not use abbreviations or slang;
8) People are most likely to respond to text messages between the hours of noon and midnight;
9) Do not forget to test different texts. You might have 15 great messages but if the one you use is not effective, it won’t matter how many other good ones you’ve got;
10) Make sure to track the results of your campaign.
Keep testing to see what works for you. By applying the above practices, your text marketing campaign will be a success!