Why Texting Works
People prefer to text
- 33 percent of adults (77 percent of 18 to 22 year olds) prefer texts over all forms of communication (including in person).
- A third of all adults prefer text to phone calls.
- Text is the most used form of communication for adults under age 50.
- Americans send five times as many texts as compared with phone calls each day.
- 4.9 hours is the daily average smartphone usage.
Better response than email
- Email is an overly saturated marketing channel. The average office worker receives 121 emails per day.
- The click-through rate of text messages is about 36%. That’s +400% greater than email marketing
- on average, it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to a text and 90 minutes to respond to an email.
- 45% of text messages receive a response